Miss Jenny M from Babbleworthy, who is a total bad ass and also a lover of Rick Grimes’ beard, nominated me for The Liebster Award. Unlike any other award, The Liebster includes rules, which is cool, because it aims to promote other blogs worthy of the nomination. And since I take these type of things really seriously, I would have to go back to scouring WordPress for new read worthy blogs besides the ones in my reader because I’m pretty sure most of them have been nominated before.
The rules are:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers.
- Come up with 11 questions for them to answer.
- Inform your nominees.
OK Liebster, let’s do this!
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I love breakfast food. It’s the type of meal I can eat all day and I’d be perfectly fine with it. Pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Sure! Just cook it up with a protein and I’m good.
2. I’ve been single now for about 3 years. And I just took a BuzzFeed quiz telling me I prefer to be perpetually single forever. Very comforting.
3. I’m bilingual. If you consider sarcasm as another language on it’s own, I’m trilingual.
4. I’ve been blogging since I was 15-years-old. Not at all impressive since you have 2-year-olds raking in 14 million views on YouTube, but what I’m saying is, I’ve been blogging before there was a name for it. Remember Xanga? Yeah, I was all up on that shit.
5. I play Solitaire like a boss. I should know, I play it for 2-3 hours and call it work.
6. I love books, I love to read, but I can’t get on board the whole audio book wagon. I can’t. I don’t know why, but I just can’t.
7. My favorite Back To The Future Movie is the 3rd Back To The Future Movie.
8. I like making playlists for people in my life. But I don’t make them listen to it. I don’t even tell them I made them a playlist.
9. I’ve been watching TOO many BuzzFeed videos lately that I’ve already memorized almost all of the employees’ that appear in the videos. P.S. AshDrew for life. P.S.S. I hate myself for even typing that.
10. I think my favorite food in the world is Buttered Chicken. I’m conflicted because it’s not a native dish, but I just love it so much. I would say it’s a solid no. 2 in my top 10. If you haven’t tasted Buttered Chicken or any Punjabi dish, you are seriously missing out.
11. I constantly think about turning Vegan. For about a good 5-10 minutes of my day, I would think about giving up meat. This is usually when my stomach starts to stir trouble after my morning coffee. And this train of thought is forgotten when I remember that Bacon and Spam exists.
So part of the rules is to answer 11 questions from your nominator. The following are what Jenny got me to answer.
1) Favourite childhood memory?
I grew up (for the first 4 years of my life) in a dirt poor, dangerous, slums of Manila. It’s a weekly occurrence that someone gets stab or someone stabs someone. So, I was maybe 3 or 4, I was still half asleep when I went outside of our house. I was just thinking about what to buy with my 2 pesos when two guys caused a commotion. One was running away from this other guy who is about to stab him again with an ice pick. The guy running away, already has a big stab wound on his shoulder that is bleeding like crazy. It’s not so much as the best memory, but it’s a favorite. Don’t worry, I grew up without any stabbing tendencies.
2) Would you like to be famous? In what way?
Yes. Big time. I mean, I don’t want to be crazy paparazzi reality show tabloid famous. I would like to be known for something, have a Wikipedia page made by a fan. I would like to be famous for being a funny writer and/or entertainer. I don’t want to say Comedian, but within the lines of being Comedian. I really think I can do something good with my fame. I genuinely believe I have ideas, that although not revolutionary, can make a solid difference to someone’s life and point of view. What I mean by ideas are fart jokes.
3) What makes you laugh?
Anything and everything. I’m a comedy slut but with really upper scale clientele.
4) If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Breakfast! No brainer (see No. 1 Random Fact above). I mean, spam and eggs and pancakes and OJ and a cup of coffee for a morning dump equals winner.
5) Do you have a nickname? What is it?
It’s Dora. Dora is not a real name but everyone calls me Dora that it has now become my “real” name.
6) Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Deodorant. Or is that considered a necessity? Oh! You know what. I used to be this kind of person who could go about my day without logging on the Internet. *audible gasp* And now, if I need to a spell word I go to Google. It’s a fun and dangerous thing.
7) What are some of your pet peeves?
I get annoyed by so many things. To list them would run the word count meter dry.
8) How many pillows do you sleep with?
At least four. Anything below that is a disgrace to my body.
9) Did you own a care bear? If not – favourite toy?
No I did not. I did not have a favorite toy, I think. I just liked to run a lot as a kid.
10) What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love?
Giving up the fulfillment of my ambition. Crazy and stupid. Did I regret it? Yes. Initially, after the relationship was over. But now, I don’t think about it as much.
11) Do you collect anything?
Books. I used to read them too, but now I just collect them because the Internet and hating my job has taken full control of my life.
Also part of the rules is to nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers. I don’t know how new or obscure the following that I’ll be listing down in your neck of the woods but go check ’em out anyway.
Even though this is now becoming the longest post of all time (kidding – I probably have another blog post much longer than this), another rule of The Liebster is to come up with 11 questions for those who I nominated should they choose to participate. I mean no pressure but I am doing this at 1:50 a.m. after a looong day at work. Again, NO pressure.
1. What is your favorite condiment?
2. What do you look for in a blog before you decide it’s something you’ll follow?
3. What is the best and worst rom-com/chick flick you’ve seen?
4. What is a thing you’ve been meaning to do but never got around to doing?
5. How do you deal with hang overs?
6. What is the last song you listened to?
7. What is a junk food you will never/can’t quit?
8. What is your relationship deal breaker?
9. Do you think voting should be mandatory?
10. Why did you choose WordPress as your platform?
11. Do you listen to podcasts? If so which ones?
Ok! So what seems to be forever I finally did it. Thanks again to Jenny for even thinking of nominating and for including me in this tag. And I’m glad it’s over.
hug hug kiss kiss fart